Sunday, February 12, 2006

My Kingdom for a Podium!

As promised, here's the second of my The Producers parodies (original lyrics can be found at this site). Hope it pleases; feedback is appreciated, as always.

"I Wanna Be a Professor"

*insert chorus of "Unhappy" here*

I spend my time recounting
My schooling and such.
To what is my life amounting?
At this rate, not much.
I have a secret desire
Hiding deep in my heart;
I earnestly aspire
To teach the Lib'ral Arts...

I wanna be a professor,
With a senior-level class.
I wanna be a professor,
Watch my students fail and pass.
I wanna be a professor,
Sport a tweed coat and a tie;
I wanna be a professor,
'Cause I'm just that kind of guy!

I wanna be a professor
At a place like Harvard U.
I wanna be a professor,
Have a PhD or two.
I wanna be a professor
With an office that's all mine.
And, if I were a professor,
Lots of homework I'd assign!

*song-and-dance interlude*

*School-Chorus Girls*
He wants to be a professor
With a wall-full of degrees.
He wants to be a professor,
Teaching ev'ry class with ease.
He wants to be a professor
Loved by students and by staff.
He wants to be a professor
Who can sell his autograph!

*back to main singer*
I wanna be the greatest, grandest,
And most fabulous professor in the world!

I wanna be a professor
And write more than you've ever seen.
I wanna be a professor
And maybe become a dean.
I wanna be a professor,
Show my brains off ev'ry day:
I'm gonna teach a course to show 'em
Love of hist'ry, math, or poem;
I wanna be a professor,
Never mind the awful pay!

I'm gonna be a professor...
Look out tenure, 'cause here I come!

1 Comments:

Blogger MoM said...

Well just maybe you might be able to entertain your students with such charm and songs. It does seem nice to want to teach....since lots of teachers just fall into their professions due to a lack of anything else to do....with their majors of choice.

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home