Previews and Ponderings
As long-time readers may know, I usually try to have special (i.e. thoughtful, moving, entertaining, etc.) posts up for various occasions: Easter, Christmas, New Year's, Start of Summer, etc. Well, I've got this year's "Christmas Special" ready to go (and I'm fairly pleased with it), but I think I'll wait to post it until closer to Christmas; probably around the 21st or so. Mark your calendars, I know you won't want to miss it. [/sarcasm]
In the meantime, I don't expect to have any particularly deep posts in the near future. I'll probably post something to let those of you who care know when I arrive safely at home after Finals. There might be a post or two about the things I do in those first few days off. After Christmas will probably see an account of what I do on C-Day, and hopefully I'll get something else worthwhile up at some point before I return to school. It might depend on whether anyone else is actually reading blogs over the break; little point in posting if nobody sees it.
Now, before I sign off this time, I'd just like to throw out some quick thoughts in preparation for the madness that this week will bring:
The Net Stress Level on campus is pretty high, and I suspect the NSL in our circle is a little higher than the campus average. We all have lots of things on our minds--academic and otherwise--and it's easy to fall into hysteria and/or despair in such circumstances. With that in mind, I think we would all do well to remember the so-called "Serenity Prayer," attributed to Reinhold Niebuhr:
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference;
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with Him forever in the next.
Amen.
Good luck to all during final exams and other stresses; don't forget to make time for God and for rest.
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths." --Proverbs 3:5-6

2 Comments:
May you have a safe trip home, a wonderful Christmas and break, and much more sleep than you have had on campus many nights this semester :)
Thank you; may your holidays be likewise safe and blessed!
Post a Comment
<< Home