Status Report and Tribute
So, I haven't posted lately because (1) not much of interest has happened to me, and (2) I've been rather busy. I pulled my first all-nighter since my freshman year a few nights ago, and I'm generally running on less sleep than I would like, so I don't feel too bad about not posting.
But something has happened that I must address. One of my dear friends has lost a close companion and helpful tool. Her plight moved me to compose the following lines, which I hope will either comfort or amuse both her and all other readers.
"Elegy for Eugene"
My faithful friend, who through the years
Hath labored by my side,
I mourn thee now with bitter tears
Of grief I cannot hide.
The quiet hum of inner fan
No more from thee is heard.
Thy monitor, now black and blank,
Shows neither pic nor word.
Thy speakers, that had sung to me
More oft than I could say,
Now sing no song or symphony,
No playlists more shall play.
Thy LEDs, that once did blink
Like happy, dancing sprites,
Ne'er more shall flash, nor greenly wink,
Nor shed their happy lights.
Thy keyboard sits unused this night,
Its keys not struck or sticking.
Thy mouse moves not to left or right,
From it there comes no clicking.
Thy hard drive, with dear treasures rich,
I had to take from thee,
To salvage what was free of glitch
And save thy legacy.
I know you soon will zombify,
And I don't like to pester:
But why'd you have to go and die
Midway through a semester?!

3 Comments:
At first I wasn't sure if you meant a real person so I was kind of shocked at the carefree spirit of the elegy...then I realized and burst out laughing. Good stuff, mind if I post it on my blog?
*falls off chair laughing* thanks, adam. i needed that. *grin* now if only a new computer would materialize...
Wow... we need a company poet or something. Poems like this might assuage the angry masses to whom I must pass the word of dead electronics.
Post a Comment
<< Home