Saturday, September 03, 2005

Returned

Well, as most of you know, I have returned safely to school. The flights went smoothly, I had no trouble getting into my room, and things generally went well. Then came the first day of classes, and the slow realization that this semester is likely to be my busiest.

My schedule this fall:
Spanish 3 (aka Intermediate Spanish 1)
The main problem I expect to have in this class will be catching up at the beginning. Thanks to my full load during the summer, I didn't have a chance to review/practice my Spanish; so I've got some catching up to do.

American History 1
I expect this to be my lightest class. There will be lots of reading, but each of my classes has that, and this one involves less writing than most of the others.

American Lit 1
Gah. Boatloads of reading, almost as much writing, and a group project. After "doing literature" for about a year straight (with a small break for Christmas '04), I'm starting to get sick of it. For that reason, this may be my hardest class this semester.

Intro to Fine Arts
While I've never been a fan of art analysis, this is a Watson class. That's worth a lot.

Journalism-Publications
This course will probably be interesting, particularly because I'm still working with the school paper. And Payton is just that cool. This is my smallest class of the term, with six (6) people enrolled.

English Internship
I haven't met with the adviser yet, so I don't know exactly what this course will entail. I'm hoping it won't be too intense.

Undergraduate Research
For this course, I'll be taking advantage of my summer internship to write about the integration of faith and science. Not only is this an area that I can see myself studying in graduate school, but it's also a subject I've been thinking about using for the newspaper.

Senior Honors Seminar
This class hasn't met yet.

On top of the classes, I will (as mentioned above) continue to work as a copy editor for the newspaper, and possibly do a little writing for it, as well. Before the semester's over, I also need to write a few essays for my application to Biola.

So, here's to the new school year: may it go happily and successfully for us all.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

I hope you can tread water and enjoy it as well!

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home