Sunday, July 10, 2005

*Gasp*

Well, I thought I'd be able to come up with a post "containing my thoughts about my Literary Theory class"; unfortunately, my life has had other ideas.

The first meeting of my Shakespeare Studies class was last Tuesday night. It looks like the class will be entirely too much work for an 8-week summer course populated largely by full-time-working adults. The amount and kinds of work assigned threaten to destroy any and all appreciation I have for The Bard's work. It will, however, give me some nicely-sized character-study essays to post on the AHM blog. The essay about literary criticism will probably transform to incorporate material from both the Lit Theory course and Shakespeare; look for it sometime early in the Fall semester. In the meantime, I'll put up notification here when I post my Shakespeare blurbs on AHM.

The other thing that kept me from posting the aforementioned lit-crit essay was my weekend project. My grandparents live out in the middle of the desert (near Palm Springs, if that helps), and my dad and I went out Friday morning to help them shuffle furniture in preparation for getting new carpet. After the work, we got to sit around and chat with my grandfather. All in all, it was a relaxing, enjoyable, and worthwhile trip.

This week's attractions:
*first meeting of Old Testament Exegesis on Monday night
*second meeting of Shakespeare Studies, wherein we will discuss "The Taming of the Shrew"
*visit to Biola and meeting with a graduate admissions counselor on Wednesday
*work and interning as usual

Who knows when I'll be able to post again? I certainly don't.

(P.S. What with the rush of finishing homework and such, I don't have a chance to proofread this post properly. Please forgive any typos or other errors.)

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Martinez said...

Don't get me wrong: I love Shakespeare (though probably not as much as you do). But whereas your experience with Bill involved very little mental exertion (if I remember correctly), mine will be just the opposite. So I'm just running into my age-old problem of too much analysis diminishing the enjoyment of art instead of increasing the appreciation of "literature". (If I had finished my oft-mentioned rant about my Lit Crit class, I would refer you to it.)

9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home