Update and Links
Business/Status Report first.
I completed my second final on Thursday, did a solid day of work on Friday, and am now enjoying the only homework-free weekend I get this summer. And by “enjoying,” I mean “using to prepare for the next round of classes and my upcoming visit to Talbot.” I do also get to sleep in and relax a little bit, which is nice.
My internship at RTB is going well. I got to proofread the draft of the upcoming book (due to be published in September) Who Was Adam?, which, as the name suggests, is about various accounts of human origins. Lots of interesting stuff, I thought; but then, I've always liked science.
Once I finish checking the draft, I get to move on to my next major project. One of RTB's books is currently in its third edition. The second edition had a study guide, but that guide has not been updated to match the third edition of the book. My job is to go through the new book and the old guide and find discrepancies. What's particularly exciting about this is that, if RTB publishes a new edition of the study guide, there's a decent chance that my name will be listed among the primary contributors/editors. That would look pretty nice on a resume, no?
The second summer class session starts tomorrow. I'll be taking Shakespeare Studies and Old Testament Exegesis. Good times, no doubt.
Now then, on to the "Fun links" section of this little post:
This is fairly amusing. Even if you're not into video games (I myself have only played a few on this list), it's sort of funny to see the comparison pictures.
A list of oxymorons. Sweet.
This device looks very cool. I think I want one.
Here's a blurb about intelligent people defending stupid ideas. Good stuff, that.
I hope to have a post (containing my thoughts about my Literary Theory class) up on the AHM blog before too long. Once I do, I'll link to it on this blog.
Labels: Life update

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home