Prayer Requests and Public Service Announcement
As most of you probably know, there's a lot of pain and confusion going around our little circle right now (I won't go into details; it's not remotely my place to do so). I suppose it's inevitable that in any group of people, there will eventually be problems; that doesn't make them any easier to deal with.
(That might sound out of place coming, as it does, from one who is not directly involved in these issues (that I know of). But, for whatever reason, my empathy engine has been running on overdrive since mid-summer. When I see my friends in pain, it hurts me. Not as much as they're hurting, I'm sure (it's empathy, not symbiosis), but enough that I start feeling angry with myself about feeling hurt; this, of course, doesn't help things at all. Hey, if I understood emotions, I could be a rich man by now.)
As sappy as this might sound, in many ways we have become a surrogate family for each other; at least, that's how I view you all. Of course we have our difficulties; our closeness just makes them that much more painful. But our closeness also means we can draw strength and comfort from each other. It won't be easy; such things never really are. But with God's help, we can get through this.
Please pray for our group. Pray that we would treat one another with love, respect, and consideration. Pray that we would help each other. Pray that those who are hurting can overcome the pain and find peace.
Pray for the individuals in the group. Pray that they would draw close to God in their pain. Pray that they can restore damaged relationships with others. Pray that God would strengthen them through their trials.
And if you've got some time left after all that, please pray for me. Pray that I would be wise in deciding how best to help my friends. Pray that I can balance my time and efforts between multiple people. Pray, most of all, that God would help me put the needs of my friends before my own.
As I reread that last paragraph, it almost looks selfish. I suppose it is, a bit. But it's also desperate. I want, I need to try to help my friends, but I myself need help in order to do that. We need to help each other as much as we can, and leave the rest in God's hands.
Maybe I'm overreacting. Maybe things have been worked out in ways that I don't know about. I sincerely hope that that is the case, but I'm afraid it might not be. In the meantime, I, for one, will be praying a lot in the coming weeks, and I hope you will all do the same. It can't do anything but good.
*****************
"PUBLIC SERVICE" ANNOUNCEMENT
I'm going to go ahead and be presumptuous here. I'm publicly declaring an "open-ear" policy. I know you all have other friends, most of whom are (for a variety of reasons) more qualified and easily accessible than I am; so I'm not going to assume anyone will take advantage of this. But if you ever want another audience, look me up. Call me, IM me, email me, corner me in a hallway. Unless I'm in class or desperately scrambling to finish a homework assignment (and maybe even then), I will sit (or walk) and talk with you for as long as you need. If you're really desperate, you can even call me while I'm asleep; after I wake up enough to understand what's going on, we should be okay.
Psalm 22; Psalm 27; Psalm 71; Psalm 91;
"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you." --Colossians 3:12-13
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths." --Proverbs 3:5-6
"Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with you all." --2 Thessalonians 3:16

1 Comments:
*Bows head*
And I declare the same thing as Martinez: open-ear policy. So that we can help spread the load.
Post a Comment
<< Home