Friday, December 16, 2005

Farewell to Fall '05

After a 35-minute delay in Dallas, I arrived in California only 20 minutes behind schedule. The flights were smooth and uneventful, which is always nice. I'm rather proud of myself: between 3pm Central Time (when I checked in at the Longview airport) and 12:15am CT (about 25 minutes before landing in CA) I read John Grisham's The Last Juror. It was my first Grisham novel, and I can see why so many people like his work. Of course, I may have been slightly biased thanks to it being my first for-fun read in four months. The first of many planned for this break. *contented sigh* If inspiration strikes, I might write up a little review of the book, but that won't be for a while yet. Tonight I'm being taken to a concert of some sort; my folks haven't told me what yet, but I'm sure it'll be a blast. Updates as time and motivation permit. ;-)

To you, my friends: May your travels be safe and your breaks restful and fun.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Ma Hoyt said...

My first (and so far, only) Grisham novel was "The Firm," read during incareration up at Mayo.

I couldn't put it down, I found it so gripping. Unfortunately, I may not get a chance to read another, soon....it's so hard to justify funness when duty calls. (other than eating chocolate, of course)

But everyone who is not utterly offended by language and stuff, should read a smattering of what's out there, if only to keep one's kids from becomeing lawyers :-)

8:06 AM  
Blogger Ma Hoyt said...

And lest I forget, John Grisham is a real hunky looking dude.

8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to know you made it home. So did I.

Also glad to know you've gotten some leisure reading done already. :-)

3:22 PM  
Blogger Martinez said...

And I, in turn, am glad to hear you made it home safely, Wilson. Here's hoping you get to do some leisure reading of your own, if you haven't already. ;-)

11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home