Mishmash
You'd think that with all the free time I have, I'd be better about posting with a semblance of regularity. Well, apparently you'd be wrong. So here's a quick rundown of some of my recent doings:
* Ratatouille: Excellent movie. Great soundtrack.
* Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: Good movie. Reasonably good adaptation of the book. Great soundtrack.
* The Book of the Dun Cow: Excellent book. No soundtrack.
* Isaac Asimov: Excellent writer. Musical preferences unknown by me.
* With August quickly approaching, I hope to be able to start subbing before too long. Unfortunately, this will entail 5-AM wakeup calls whenever I want to work.
*In addition, I'll be starting classes at Biola on August 23, and I'll be commuting.
*With these two factors in mind, I have reluctantly joined the ranks of the Owners of Cellular Phones. I'm still working out some kinks with it; reception seems pretty lousy around my home, which would defeat the purpose of having the phone to receive my work calls (thus saving the rest of my household from premature awakening).
Cell phones: Good idea. Hope it works out. Soundtrack limited.
* Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Wonderful book. An outstanding conclusion to an outstanding series. Jared, if you read this: Thank you, thank you, thank you for introducing me to the series.
* Finally, following in the footsteps of several friends, I've started a Picasa account, the better to foist my photographic foibles on my unsuspecting friends. The album with most of the pics from my Seattle trip can be found below (soundtrack up to you):
![]() |
| Seattle '07 |
Labels: Fun, Life update


2 Comments:
Martinez, best wishes for the 5 a.m.! That's why some of us never went into education.
By the way, what by Asimov were you reading?
Thanks for the encouragement, Sharon! I figure the early mornings are an acceptable price for not having any take-home work.
The Asimov I most recently read was Nightfall and Other Stories. I'm always amazed at just how many stories he wrote...it boggles the mind.
Post a Comment
<< Home