Don't Worry, Be AWESOME!
...And now, coming around the last turn, it's Two Weeks Between Posts! He and his rider, Slackingoff, have had an amazing racing season so far, and as they barrel down the home stretch, it looks like they're poised to win another one...But wait, what's this? Charging up hard and fast, it's Last-Minute Update and his rider, Martinez! This scruffy pair hasn't done very well this year, but now they're coming out of nowhere! I can't believe it; it's Two Weeks and Last-Minute! They're neck-and-neck! The finish line is right there...and Last-Minute Update beats Two Weeks Between Posts by a nose! Inconceivable!...
Word on the street is that the Biola registrar had some administrative stuff come up. As a result, they haven't made a decision about whether to offer me a job yet. The idea of taking the train is looking less and less feasible; there's a station quite close to campus, but the arrival closest to when I'd start work is at 1:30pm, half an hour after work would start. The first arrival before that is at 7:30am, five and half hours before work would start. That arrangement could be fine once classes start; I could choose morning classes, work in the afternoon, ride the bus, and save lots of money on my car insurance by switching...I mean, save lots of money by living at home.
In the meantime, I've begun the process of being able to volunteer at my local schools, with the idea of preparing to be a substitute teacher after I take the CBEST in mid-April. But really, things are still up in the air, two doors seem to close for each that opens, and I'm in danger of feeling somewhat disheartened.
At times like these, I find it very reassuring to be a Christian. It's absolutely impossible for anyone to be in full control of his or her life, and being able to surrender to God's will and leave things up to Him is both liberating and soothing.
In the spirit of positive thinking, I was going to close with a link to a music video of "Don't Worry, Be Happy," a delightful little song by Bobby McFerrin. But my brother directed me to a different clip of Mr. McFerrin, one that is much more impressive. Watch for the parts where he hums two different notes at the same time.
If I could do that, job offers would be pouring in faster than I could handle, let me tell you this.
(Incidentally, "Don't Worry, Be Happy" can be seen here. I thoroughly recommend it.)
Labels: Fun, Life update

3 Comments:
"Don't Worry, Be Happy" is precisely what I need right now. That song works wonders sometimes.
Well, then I'm glad I linked to it. ;-)
Even though God isn't mentioned anywhere in the song, I think it echoes an important Christian idea: joyfulness. Happiness is an emotion, and thus not something we can really control directly. But joyfulness is a mindset, a way of thinking, that comes when we stop worrying and leave things in God's hands.
Amen about the happiness/joy dichotomy. God has been working the miracle of joy in my life these past few weeks...in fact, he's been challenging me in quite a few areas these past few weeks. Yay for God moments!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home