Miscellany
Hmm...looks like the Void caught me again for a while. Let's see what we can do to rectify that. To assist me (and because I feel goofy), I call upon my old friend, the Ninja Text Generator.

In personal news, I've started updating and preparing my application to Biola/Talbot for next Fall. I'm also considering a couple MA programs at Claremont Graduate University's school of religion: Philosophy of Religion and Theology or Theology, Ethics, and Culture. CGU has the advantage of being closer to both home and RTB than Biola; if I go there, I'll probably live at home, because CGU has the disadvantage of being almost twice as expensive as Biola. But its programs are also less competetive. In any case, CGU requires GRE scores, so I'll be taking that renowned test in early January. After doing some research and review, I'm not too worried about it, but that almost makes me worry more...

Here's some food for thought: The 101 Most Influential People Who Never Lived. 'Twas originally published in a book, and the authors admitted that their methods of making the list were exceedingly subjective; there doesn't seem to be too much consistency even in their definition of "influence." Still, it's interesting and disturbing to see names like Big Brother (who may not have been an actual person), the Little Engine that Could, and Betty Boop.

From the "Absurdly Accurate Truth in Advertising" Files: Warning labels based on the laws of physics. I think the second and third are my favorites.

For those with bitter memories of freshman-year psychobabble: The Brutally Honest Personality Test (hat tip: Wilson). I scored as "Crackpot - INTJ."

Well, I think that's enough for now. Have a great week, everyone!

Labels: Life update

4 Comments:
Yes, that list of the 101 Most Influential (Etc.) is profoundly unsatisfying to me. It seems to be describing influence on our culture rather than influence on their various alternate realities ... which just confounds the principle of the list. It steals all possible suspension-of-disbelief joy from the exercise.
On the other hand, the scientific warning labels are profoundly satisfying. Thank you for passing that along.
i so need the ninja generator at school...man, teaching would be so much fun! (not that it isn't...well...anyways)
well...crackpot is better than "loser". I think I got INTJ too though. I never took that test...cause I didn't have to take cornerstones. ;) You totally have to keep us updated on your grad school stuff! That's so cool! man...I'm not sure which one I would take. They both sound kinda cool. Godspeed Adam!
Doug
Hey! I got "Loser!"
Jerk.
--Blame Jared
Post a Comment
<< Home