Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Slow and steady (and slow...)

Y'know, this entire semester has been a hard one for me. Academically, spiritually, emotionally...I just feel really drained. I know I'm not the only one, but I'm finding it hard to concentrate on getting work done; I have too many things on my mind. Parts of me can't wait for this semester to be over. The other parts...well, let's just say they're among the reasons I'm having trouble concentrating.

Of course, one of the positive side effects of this kind of situation (perhaps the only positive side effect) is that I find myself feeling like this a lot lately.

Actually, that might not be such a good thing...

Update/Edit:
Okay, so there is a(nother) positive side effect.
Sunrise.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think a lot of people have a hard time in their final semesters. Not that I'm discounting what you're going through at all; on the contrary! Last semester and parts of this one were incredibly rough on me, too. In fact, I'm impressed that you've handled your heavy class load as well as you have. I've seen seniors do a lot worse.

And I think your recent award officially confirms your status as a Writing God. :-)

10:55 AM  
Blogger Ma Hoyt said...

What award?

4:58 PM  
Blogger Martinez said...

I was honored with the "Excellence in English" award at Monday's Awards Chapel. Apparently some of the PTBs (Powers That Be) like my work.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Wilson; it means a lot to me. You've done incredibly well for yourself, too. (He got bucketloads of awards, including both "Super History Student" and "Super Business Student"; guess which one made him more proud. ;-))

7:26 PM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

Congratulations! I particularly enjoyed the lengthy usage of limericks in one of your pieces. :)

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home