"Ladies and gentlemen, I apologize for the delay."
Thus quoth our judge every single time we met this week. Six times we (the jury) gathered outside the courtroom at the appointed hour, and six times we didn't actually get into the courtroom until 30 minutes after the appointed hour. We (the jury) were, on the whole, not amused by this, though there wasn't really anything we could do about it.
I suspect these repeated delays contributed to the fact that we were unable to reach a consensus when we finally started deliberations yesterday. So we have to meet again on Tuesday. Since we're not done, I still can't discuss any details of the case. And since jury duty was basically all I did this week, I don't have too much to write about.
I guess I can report about my current reading projects: Chesterton's Orthodoxy and John Grisham's The Firm, both very good and both recommended.
Happy Weekend to you all.
Labels: Life update

5 Comments:
Ooo, that's my favorite Grisham novel . . . sort of.
-Blame Jared
aw man...I wanna hear about the trial. *sigh* The whole jury should rush the bench and demand that order be brought to the court, and proceedings..., uh..., proceed! Any people on the jury really weird, or have some cool talents?
whoops, that was from me. that last comment...heh (me=Doug)
The Jury Rush actually occurred to me more than once; I figured by the time they cleaned up the damage, it would have done more harm than good.
Haven't seen anything exceptional either way about my fellow jurors. We're a pretty mixed bunch, with a wide variety of ages, jobs, and races, and a not-so-wide variety of genders.
Oooh...Orthodoxy! I love that book; as soon as I can breathe, I'm planning on reading it. Again. :D
Post a Comment
<< Home