Thursday, July 13, 2006

Smorgasbord

I am inordinately pleased with myself. Why? Because I gave my computer a hardware upgrade all by myself. Admittedly, all I did was install some new RAM, but it feels like a big accomplishment to me. (Of course, the fact that my computer runs noticeably faster now might have something to do with that. Or maybe it's the fact that my computer still runs at all after I got done fiddling with its innards.)

In other news, we're in the middle of another week (second or third, I believe) of record-high temperatures out here in So-Cal. Not only is this unpleasant for us residents, it also makes the firefighters' jobs much harder. I know of three large and currently-out-of-control fires raging right now. None near my home this time around, but your prayers for the safety of the firefighters and homes would be appreciated.

Yesterday was RTB's annual "Fun Day." What is Fun Day, you ask? Fun Day is a paid holiday. But it's more than that; not only do we get paid to take the day off, but RTB organizes a special activity for employees and their families. Usually they go to a private beach owned by a member of RTB's board of directors, but this year we went to the Long Beach Aquarium of the Pacific. It was a great trip, and I took lots of pictures (and by "lots of" I mean "about 200"). I'll try to post some this weekend.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

RTB is obviously the place to work. Please do post pictures!

And congratulations on your upgrade! Isn't it fun to do it yourself, even if it takes a little time and figuring out?

10:39 PM  
Blogger Paige said...

Yay! I love paid holidays...sadly, I've never had one. :p

I wanna see pictures!! It's only fair. I post mine, and you post yours...actually, I posted a link to mine, but whatever...

*grin* have a good day!

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home