Sunday, May 07, 2006

Quick Update

This post probably won't be as long as it should, but I'm exhausted and need to get to bed. Yet I can't not post something, so we'll see what happens.

The past few days were absolutely insanely busy. But now it's over: I have arrived safely home with a bachelor's degree in hand. As you probably know from other blogs, two of my closest friends are now married. The ceremony was beautiful, and I was honored and thrilled to be asked to participate in it. I wish the newlyweds the best in their new unified life.

Graduation has been a mixed bag emotionally. I'm happy to be finished and excited to be moving on to new challenges and experiences. On the other hand, I have left my second family, and I'm already starting to miss them (I blame a combination of sickness, sleep deprivation, and stress for this early onset). I'm just glad to have the Internet as a way to maintain contact, and gladder to know that we will meet again, whether in this life or the next.

Now, about those "new challenges and experiences":

For those of you who didn't hear (and I'm sorry if I forgot to tell you in person): You may remember that last summer I did my English internship with Reasons to Believe (if you don't, check the archives). Well, I have a full-time job lined up working there as an "Assistant Editor." I'll be making about $15/hour, which makes me rather happy (it's a lot more than I expected to make). I start one week from tomorrow (on 5/15), which means I get a one-week break before diving into "the Real World." Exciting times, indeed. I'll certainly post details as the job unfolds.

On a somewhat sadder note, I was not accepted to Biola University. While this is disappointing, it's not really too bad. I get a year to live at home, do some reading, make some money, and do some actual research on grad-school opportunities. The Lord has a plan, and I trust it's better than mine. At this point, I think I'll reapply to Biola next year, but we'll see what happens.

Well, I wound up posting more than I thought I would. More to come as time and motivation permit.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Ma Hoyt said...

That kind of pay is nothing to sneeze at, and you will have one more impressive item to add to any resumés or applications.

Congratulations :-)

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home