Hi Ho, Hi Ho
I am now halfway through my first week as a full-time employee/member of the Real World. The experience so far has been excellent; my co-workers are awesome, and I can already tell that working in Editorial is going to help me polish and refine my writing ability, which is definitely a good thing. I'm pretty sure I'm going to enjoy the work; I've done some editing before, of course, but I am now a Professional (assuming "professional X" is defined as "one who is paid to do X").
In addition to personal development and earning money, I'll get to know and interact with some brilliant people, which is sure to give me lots of opportunities to do some heavy thinking. To top it all off, RTB has a good working relationship with Biola (which may or may not help me get accepted there in the future).
At this point, my work week involves leaving home just after 8am, working from 9am to 5:30pm, and returning home just after 6pm. The commute isn't pleasant, but it could be a lot worse. When the work really picks up intensity in about a week it's going to be exhausting, but at least my evenings are essentially free. I hope to find some courses to take in the fall (probably undergrad philosophy courses to fill in the gaps in my university education), but for now it's nice not to have to worry about studying. Well, other than studying RTB company policy, the Chicago Manual of Style, and various things related to our current projects.
So there you have it. After a week of relaxation, I have embarked on what I see as a rather exciting new journey. I hope you're all doing well, enjoying yourselves, and remembering to praise God for His grace and goodness.
Oh, one more thing: if you're bored and want to kill a few minutes with something frivolous, this is kinda fun.

Labels: Life update

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home