Wednesday, June 21, 2006

The Office

Not much of an update, actually. Just pictures of my place of employment.

Here is a view of the building housing our offices. As you can see, the name is clearly visible, for the convenience of all guests and employees.


Several shots of the mountains visible from the balcony outside my office's suite (because I like landscape photos).






And now...The Office!

First, my door:

A "welcome aboard" sign from my new coworkers. The "typos" were intentional; as you can see (click on the image to get an larger view), I corrected them. It was kind of like an initiation ceremony.

Overview of the office:

A couple views of my desk (note the abundance of paperwork).


Not a bad little nook, if I do say so myself.

5 Comments:

Blogger Paige said...

*grin* From the looks of it, it might be bigger than our little Ice Hole! *dreams of the day I'll have an office*

4:35 PM  
Blogger Joshua said...

Quite nice indeed.
To clarify though as one who has grown up beside the Rockies, those are large hills - not mountains...and I really don't care in the slightest if they are over 2,000 feet or whatever it is :)
I'm glad you're enjoying it there Adam...sounds like the perfect fit for you!

9:32 PM  
Blogger Martinez said...

Paige:
I'm not quite sure how the office's floor space compares to the Hole's, but the office's ceiling is at least a foot higher. (And since it lacks a closet and bed, it certainly feels larger. :-p)

Joshua:
I would definitely agree that the easily-visible landscapes in the foreground are hills. However, in the distance (and rather hard to see in the photo, thanks to the stupid So-Cal smog/haze) is the San Gabriel mountain range. Though not quite as famous as the Rockies, they reach well above the 2,000-foot range and are quite impressive in their own right (I grew up beside and often visited them). So, whether you care or not, there are actually mountains there. ;-)

8:44 AM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

It looks like you have a space with a good bit of potential. The "elementary school teacher" part of me noticed the EMPTY bulletin board (we like to decorate such furnishings) and all the places decorative items could go :) Paige and I both enjoy filling up relatively empty places with "cute stuff" and "useful stuff." Of course, you have already started to accumulate quantities of one of the most necessary types of stuff - BOOKS! I hope you truly enjoy your new office and find this job to be both a challenge and a blessing :)

8:01 PM  
Blogger Ma Hoyt said...

Very nice, Martinez :-)

Now, may I suggest a couple of trailing philodendrons?

One for the top of the bookcase in back of you, and one on the black file drawer/thingy in front of your desk.

Don't need much water and they give off oxygen, improving job performance.

Also, babes love 'em.

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home