New Job
I started my new job with the Registrar this week. So far, it's been pretty good. I'm essentially a "go-fer," which means I am at the beck and call of all five of the registrar staff members. My duties this week ranged from filing to lugging boxes to entering data to sorting old catalogs. It's better than both of my previous jobs, which makes me quite happy.
I'm still enjoying Linguistics. I actually had a little free time at work the other day, and I took the opportunity to browse the UC-San Diego catalog, and started getting some ideas for "life after LU." Exciting stuff.
On a different note (pun absolutely intended), Arbans' "Carnival of Venice" is one of the greatest pieces of music I have ever heard. I have it on good authority that it's also one of the hardest trumpet pieces. If I hadn't seen it performed with my own eyes, I don't think I would believe that it's done by one trumpet. If you like classical music or brass instruments and have not heard this piece, you must. Come visit me sometime in September and I'll play it for you.
Labels: Life update

2 Comments:
It's a date.
— Wilson
Two Edits:
1) I may have exaggerated the coolness factor of "Carnival" just a little. But it's still worth hearing.
2) When I say "I'll play it for you," I mean "I'll put on my CD recording of it," not "I'll break out a trumpet and perform it."
Post a Comment
<< Home