Sunday, July 11, 2004

Some New Beginnings

Hello everyone. Sorry for the lack of substantive posts lately, but, well, nothing particularly interesting has been happening. So now I'll post about the uninteresting things that are going on.

While I did not have the pleasure of eating fresh blueberry pancakes, I did get the pleasure of eating fresh pancakes (and some delicious desserts) that my marvelous mother made.

I'm almost finished with The Brothers Karamazov (about 80 pages left), but I don't know when I'll be able to finish it. Between work and my Internship work, I've been pretty busy, and that will only get worse starting tomorrow.

New Thing #1: Tomorrow marks the beginning of my temporary transfer from the Registrar's Office to the Office of Academic Advising. I finished the Inactive-File archiving project (1266 files to be destroyed...wow). So what do I get to do now? Clean out the Inactive File room. Lucky me. On the bright side, I get to work more hours, which means more money.

New Thing #2: My Introduction to Linguistics class begins tomorrow. I'm pretty excited about it, even though it means even less free time in the future. More details as the class progresses.

New Thing #3: I got a haircut today. I'm very happy.

New Thing #4: I might get to write some more press releases. While the Players (the acting group I'm interning with) won't have any more performances this season, my "boss" has decided to let me write some press releases in advance for next seasons shows. This is good, because it means I'll be more likely to get credit for that annoying English Internship requirement.

New Thing #5: In an effort to improve my physical condition (in other words, "get in shape"), I have started an exercise routine. Today was the second day, and I haven't died yet. With any luck, I'll finally be able to discipline myself into a good habit.

I guess that's about it for now. More updates/posts as things develop.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home