Good Grade and New Job
First: don't forget to give me ideas for Reminder Emails!!!
I'm happy; I got a 97 on my State and Local Government research paper and an A in the class. I expect similarly good news from Reasoning (brag time: I chatted with the Reasoning prof a bit today, and it turns out I'm one of a small handful of students who have aced his Symbolic Logic test), but no actual results yet. Sorry about that little boast back there, but it's exciting to do well at something you actually enjoy.
I might be getting a new job. Once I finish my current project, the Registrar's office doesn't have any work for me until August. So I'll probably spend July working for Academic Advising. This should be a good thing, because (1) I get to work more hours, which means more $$, and (2) I might actually get to use my brain while I work. Oh, and there might be some actual interaction with other people. Which might be a good thing, we'll see. :p
**Random thought for the day:**
Despite our (I hope) good-natured teasing of each other across the Line of Fuzz, both fuzzy and non-fuzzy disciplines are important.
Liberal Arts are necessary for improving our relationships with each other (other humans).
"Hard" sciences are necessary for improving our interaction with and use of the world around us.
Remove either one, and not only would life be a lot more difficult, I don't think we'd enjoy it as much.
Labels: Life update

3 Comments:
Wordsmith, I think it's high time you got to boast a little. Enjoy your success.
As far as fuzz v. science, I think it would be useful to note that the first great Western scientists and mathematicians were artists and philosophers first. They studied nature because they cared for truth in all of its forms. In the process, they made many practical developments possible. Both artists and scientists can make our lives more comfortable, and both artists and scientists can advance our philosophy. Trying to belittle one or the other does neither any service.
Wilson
"Trying to belittle one or the other does neither any service."
I hope it didn't sound like I was doing that: I wasn't, and I agree with you completely.
And thanks for the encouragement/support. :)
No, I was agreeing with you completely.
Wilson
Post a Comment
<< Home