Saturday, July 24, 2004

Unspeakable Things

I don't know what inspired me to make the following list, but I think it was worth making.  I hope you enjoy it.

(Note: I wanted to get this published, so I didn't have a chance to add more stuff.  If you guys like this, I might come back to it later.)
 
Things You're Not Likely to Hear SC Members Say:
1)   "Man, books suck! "

2)   "My knife is too big."

3)   "Group Hug!!"

4)   *sniff* "I just love happy endings!"

5)   "That's the last time I choose Bode over Saga!"

6)   "Oh boy!  More worksheets!"

7)   "Dr. B**** gave a fascinating lecture today!"

8)   "What idiot gave Alfred Hitchcock a camera?"
 
9)   "No, thanks, I don't want any homemade cookies."

10) "Things were better before we had computers."

11) "Tolkien was a hack."

12) "Three cheers for IMPACT!!"

13) "Plan Nine from Outer Space is the best movie ever."

14) "Let's never watch Dr. Strangelove or Fiddler on the Roof again, okay?"

15) "Jack Chick is my hero."

16) "Why would we want to watch MST3K?"

17) "Did you hear that Cynic has joined the Peace Corps?"


15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

w00t!!! Awesome list!!!

W00T!!!!!!

18. "Let's all join a Baptist church."

-Blame Jared

11:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very, very nice.

19) "No, that's okay, you were right."

-- the gallagher

11:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very, very nice.

19) "No, that's okay, you were right."

-- the gallagher

11:11 PM  
Blogger anna said...

duuuuuude!

20. From any of the guys: "No really, women are logical and rational."

11:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

21. "KZX is cool."

22. "Can't we all just get along?"

23. "The thing I love so much about East Texas is the opportunity for cultural enrichment and intellectual stimulation."

— Wilson

12:14 PM  
Blogger Martinez said...

Thanks for the additions.

I thought of #22, but I've said it several times myself before, so I didn't think I should include it.

3:09 PM  
Blogger Sharpton: The Knight's Disciple said...

# 23.)But, but....Harry Potter and Dungeons&Dragons are evil creations made by Satan himself!

7:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

32. "Dr. Hummel, what was God thinking?"

33. "Is Wasserstein a Muslim?"

— Wilson

9:57 PM  
Blogger Vengeful Cynic said...

34.) You know, the Shadow Council could really learn a few things about leadership from Themelios!

35.) I think that intellectuals need to get over their self-imposed stumbling blocks so they can have a true, emotional faith.

8:41 PM  
Blogger anna said...

36. "I think we should try for a more charismatic Bible study"

37. "We welcome "happy" people with open arms." *goes to double check that hasn't appeared yet*

38. "Don't worry; be happy!"

39. "Why don't you [SC person] become an elementary teacher?"

40. "I just love early mornings." (most of us)

41. "I need to go to bed before midnight" *sigh* drat. I do.

42. "You're sane."

9:16 PM  
Blogger anna said...

what happened to 31?????? No skip numbers!!!

9:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

31 is in there, assuming we refuse to allow 23 to appear twice.

— Wilson

4:25 AM  
Blogger anna said...

whew. okay, i can live with that. heh, two 23's. why not. I think the new items are back on the right number system again....

8:11 PM  
Blogger Eliot said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:09 PM  
Blogger Eliot said...

Special approval for the MST3k comment.

(Coming from someone with all episodes from all 10 seasons.)

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home