Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Just So Cool

Well, it's been a few days since I made a really worthwhile post. Today's post will do nothing to change that, but it should keep you busy for a few minutes, at least.

If you are not familiar with Rudyard Kipling's Just So Stories, we shall have to correct that. With such diverse titles as "How the Camel Got His Hump," "How the Alphabet Was Created," and "The Butterfly That Stamped," these stories are wonderfully fun to read. They're even better to hear read aloud, so maybe I'll bring out the book some day when we're bored and have nothing better to do.


In other news: I have a new Big Project at work, but I'm not going to write about it here. After all, I've got to have something to talk about once we meet in a couple weeks.

Random Thoughts of the Day:
Olympic-level gymnastics is really incredible to watch.

Speaking of the Olympics: is it just me, or is the following question (often spoken by a newsperson to an athlete) a prime candidate for the Stupidest Question Ever award:

"What will it take for you to beat [insert name of chief competitor here]?"

I admire the athletes for resisting the temptation to respond with: "Well, since this is a swimming competition, I guess I'll have to swim faster than [insert name of chief competitor here] does."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think gymnastics is my favorite Olympic sport. The wow factor is greater there than in most of the others, in my opinion, and the judges have been setting the bar (so to speak) really high these days. And the gymnasts don't keep setting new world records by wearing spiffy new bodysuits, which makes the swimming competitions a bit tiresome.

Look at that. I commented on sports.

Wilson

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home