Survey Says:
Today was a pretty good day. I did fairly well on my first final (I think), finished a paper, and learned that I don't have to take one of the finals that I thought I would. That means I have two finals and one paper left before I can get to the relative freedom of packing/wedding prep/summer classes.
I realize that I've been somewhat lax (alright, really lax) with the blog lately, so in the interest of posting something at least somewhat interesting (if not particularly substantive), I decided to fill out the little survey-thingy that Wilson had up. If inspiration and time permit, I might have a "real" post up sometime soon. At the very least, I'll try to post something about my plans for the summer.
* What book in Fahrenheit 451 would you want to be?
I'm not exactly sure what this question is asking; I've never actually read Fahrenheit 451 (it's on The List), though I'm familiar with the premise. So, I guess I'll just say that, if I could be any book, I'd be a thesaurus.* Have you ever been really struck by a fictional character?
I've always been impressed with The Lord of the Rings's Sam Gamgee. He's such an ordinary, un-heroic person, yet he manages to come through in the end. Such determination and strength of character as he has are qualities that most of us would do well to emulate.* What was the last book that you bought?
The Analysis of Matter by Bertrand Russel. 50 cents at the library book sale. *gleeful grin** What was the last book you read?
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams.* Which books are you reading?
At the moment, none (unless you count textbooks, which I don't), which makes me very sad. Lined up for the summer (assuming I have time), I've got Plato's Republic, The Analysis of Matter, The Philosopher's Toolkit, Basic Teachings of the Great Philosophers, and a whole slew of others.* Which five books would you take to a desert island?
*The Bible (one of those nifty double-translation editions, if I could get it)* To whom are you going to send this erm... let's say confession...and why? (three people)
*The Complete Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
*US Army Survival Manual (I've actually listed this one in surveys like this one before; I didn't just steal it from Wilson's list)
*Robinson Crusoe (for inspiration)
*War and Peace (doubles as a fuel source after I've read it)
[Okay, so those last two weren't serious. I couldn't think of two more off the top of my head, and I don't feel like sitting here all night trying to come up with two more.]
No one, really. Unless any of my readers want to do it themselves, that is.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home