Summer Days
As promised, here's a post about what's in store for me this summer.
I am taking four courses this summer. The first session runs from May 2nd (yes, that was last Monday) through the end of June; in this session, I have "Literary Theory and Criticism" and "History of the U.S. Since the Civil War." The first promises to be rather interesting, while the second is a survey course (although history is usually interesting).
The second term runs through July and August. In that session I will have "Shakespeare Studies" and "Old Testament Exegesis." Fun, fun, fun.
At some point during my first week back, I will try to arrange a part-time job at the school. In all likelihood, I'll end up working for the registrar, just as I did last summer. The chief difference will be that I will only be able to work Thursdays and Fridays. Why is that, you ask?
Starting on Wednesday, May 18, I will be interning with Reasons to Believe. At this point, the plan is for me to do proofreading and miscellaneous work. This will do three things: (1) fulfill the requirement for my English Internship; (2) provide me something with which to complete one hour of Undergraduate Physics Research credit (for my physics minor); and (3) establish some contacts for references and possible jobs after graduation. All in all, I'm quite excited about being able to work at RtB; I think their purpose is a good one, and I have been pleased with much of their work in the past.
As if all that weren't enough, I'll also be trying to catch up on the sleeping, reading, and general relaxation that I don't get to do during the normal school year. I'll probably spend several hours during that first week catching up on Stargate episodes, which my folks have hopefully been taping for me. No doubt there will be a late-May excursion to see the last of the Star Wars prequels, as well; here's hoping it's better than the first two *crosses fingers*.
So there you have it; my oh-so-relaxing summer schedule (I know, I know; a lot of you have equally- or more-stressful ones). I will be busy, but it should be both edifying and a bit fun. I wish you all the best of times this summer, and I pray that we will meet again safely in the fall.
I will close with my pastor's favorite benediction, which comes from Numbers 6:24-26
"May the Lord bless you and keep you; may the Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you; and may the Lord lift up the light of His presence upon you and give you His peace, both now and forevermore. Amen."
Labels: Life update

1 Comments:
Oh, splendid! You get to work for Reasons to Believe? I'm jealous!!
Post a Comment
<< Home