Adjustable Sails
"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen." --Carl Hermann Voss
Thursday, February 24, 2005
Previous Posts
- WoW: 2/21/05
- Pigeonholing
- The Day of Many Names
- WoW: 2/14/05
- Linguistic Knowledge Through Experience
- Strength in Numbers
- WoW: 2/7/05
- Music, to My Ears [*updated*]
- WoW: 1/31/05
- Of Solitude and Silence
Fellow Sailors
- My New Hobby
- Base of Operations
- Math !
- Seeking Sanity and a Superlative Screen
- Moriaâs Minds
- So He Says
- A Musing Moore
- Quiet Insanity
- Sarcastic and Scornful
- Admittedly Unhinged
- The Promoted Squire
- Whatchamacallit
- The Mischievous Moralist
- Pleasant Dreams
- U.S. Vagabond
- Kindred of the Prince
- The Wise Wizards
- The Way of Jupiter's Moon?
- The Hub
- Anchors Aweigh
- Disorderly Discourse
- Straightforwardly Titled
- Seasonal Repetition
- Fun in the Sun
- Izmir Decorations
- Wee Wordsmith
Language
Science, Philosophy, and Theology
- Physics 2000
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences
- Christian Logic.com
- Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy
- Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy
- Online Papers in Philosophy
- Ektopos
- Reasons to Believe
- Apologetics.com
- Stand to Reason
- CARM
- EpistemeLinks
- Journal of Religion and Society
- International Bible Society
- Sword and Spirit
- Biblical Training
General Reference
- Writing Styles Compendium
- OEDILF
- MLA Research Papers
- Chicago Manual of Style
- DOAJ
- Ask Oxford
- Dictionary.com
- Internet Movie Database
- infoplease
- How Stuff Works
- Lit Crit Reference
Misc.
- AHM (Sigma Tau Delta chapter)
- Online Literature Library
- Google Guide
- Chess Lab
- Chess Corner
- Flash Earth
- Anagram Genius
"We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails." --source unknown
"Young man, the secret of my success is that at an early age I discovered I was not God." --Oliver Wendell Holmes
Pronunciation Guide:
/a/ = able, make
/ah/ = father, operate
/ae/ = ashes, fast
/ee/ = emu, flee
/eh/ = edible, head
/i/ = icing, write
/ih/ = intense, kick
/o/ = open, hold
/oo/ = shoot, flew
/u/ = put, hook
/uh/ = run, under
/zh/ = azure, measure
/th/ = think, ethics
/dh/ = this, either
/e/ = filler sound, mostly combined with /r/ and /l/;
brother, earthquake

2 Comments:
I LOVED "Chemowocky."
Course, I went there thinking it had something to do with chemotherapy, but that was my own bent perspective's fault.
Sorry, Im biased I know, but I loved "The Derivative." Hey, if I memorized that, I could scare some of my students. Maybe all of them!
When I get my voice back.
Post a Comment
<< Home