Monday, September 20, 2004

The Burden of Proof

Wow, two posts in as many days! I sure hope Someone is reading, since he's so keen to see what I have to say.

This isn't the "nice juicy tidbit" I mentioned yesterday, but I was "rather" amused with this article, so I thought I'd link it. A particularly good excerpt:

A CBS spokeswoman told the [Washington] Post: "In the end, the gist is that it's inconclusive. People are coming down on both sides, which is to be expected when you're dealing with copies of documents." Translation: We can't prove the source is true, but you can't prove it's not.

Well, since this is the new standard, I would like to announce my next column topic right now: Dan Rather has eaten fifteen German Shepherds in the last year alone and he considers himself the Warrior King of the planet Blarnack. I have just printed out documents that back up my story. It is for CBS to prove me wrong.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am very happy now. Thanks for posting such high-quality stuff and keep up the good work.

-Someone

12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, an imposter! I'm Someone! Are you even anyone?

--Someone

9:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I’m nobody! Who are you?
Are you nobody, too?
Then there’s a pair of us—don’t tell!
They’d banish us, you know.

How dreary to be somebody!
How public, like a frog
To tell your name the livelong day
To an admiring bog!

Emily Dickinson (1830–86). Complete Poems. 1924.
Part One: Life
XXVII

courtesy http://www.bartleby.com/113/

No One

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home