Saturday, January 15, 2005

One Down, Fourteen to Go

Well, the first week of classes is over, and I've survived. It looks like it'll be a full semester for me, but an interesting one, as well.

Course Lineup:
*Tuesday, 8:25-9:20am: Intro to Research (Dr. R. Johnson)
Basically, this course involves learning about the process of conducting research and getting the results published. Other than the two papers and one presentation involved, it doesn't look like it'll involve much work.

*Tuesday/Thursday, 9:30-10:50am: American Literature 2 (Dr. Coppinger)
With Wheeler, Gallagher, and Randy in the course, this promises to be an interesting one, indeed. Major work prospect is a group presentation for later on.

*Thursday, 6:00-9:00pm: The Amusing Use and Abuse of Comedy (Dr. Solganick)
Aah, another Solganick class. When the first night sees you watching clips from The History of the World, Part I, The Quest for the Holy Grail, and Life of Brian, what else can you say but YES! Aside from the weekly journal/papers, I will have to do a presentation about some work of comedy. Oh, darn.

*Monday/Wednesday/Friday, 8:15-9:10am: British Literature 1 (Dr. Watson)
From the little bit of reading I've done in this class and American Lit 2, it looks like I'll enjoy the reading in this course more. Major assignment: group presentation.

*Monday/Wednesday/Friday, 11:20-12:15am: Elementary Spanish 2 (Prof. Morales)
Prof. Morales is a pretty cool professor, and I'm looking forward to my second semester of Spanish. No major assignments (that I know of at this point...).

*Monday/Wednesday/Friday, 1:30-2:25pm: Atoms, Nuclei, Particles (Dr. Ball)
Nicknamed by me "Modern Physics 2," this course is a continuation of Modern Physics 1. Perhaps the most interesting thing about this course is that there will be no exams, but there will be one research paper to do.

*Wednesday, 4:00-4:55pm: Organizational Culture (Mrs. Mays)
I think this class will be fun. There is a major paper assignment, but in general it looks to be a time of reading and learning about how people think and act in organizational settings.

Well, there it is: my schedule. Good luck to all in this new year.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home