Friday, December 10, 2004

Venting

**WARNING: Ranting and Whining Ahead!!**

So we've got this new Web Registration thingy ("Buzznet"). It seems to work pretty well; it eliminates a lot of the footwork that was once required in order to register. My complaint is not with Buzznet.

I registered early. I was happy; my schedule was about as close to perfect as it could be. I got into exactly the classes I needed. Since I've changed my major, I've got to pack in the classes to make sure I graduate on time. My schedule for next semester fit in with that plan very nicely.

Then, about a week and a half (-ish) ago, the Administration changed the time at which one of my classes will be offered. In a cruel twist of fate, the class now coincides with one of the other classes I was scheduled for. Needless to say, this is a problem. I can't be in two classes at once, so one of the two must go.

At first, there was a glimmer of hope that the class time might be moved back if enough people wanted that. But not enough did, so I was forced to drop one of the classes and pick another.

Just one problem: by the time I knew I had to switch classes, all the other classes I need to take were either full or at a time slot I was already using. In other words, my once-beautiful schedule now has a scar the size of the Bell Tower running right across its face. I think I'll still be able to finish my classes on time (as long as this doesn't happen again), but it's going to be even less fun than before.

*screams incoherently in frustration*

1 Comments:

Blogger anna said...

sadly...that isn't just a buzznet thing. that's a problem with people changing a time slot mid-registration.

I don't think there has been one semester yet that I haven't had problems registering for something or another or had to rework my schedule...

11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home