Monday, December 06, 2004

WoW: 12/6/04

*NOTE: Please continue to leave comments on the previous post. Thank you.*

Here's a nifty little word that you don't see very often. It's kinda fun to say, though.


Word of the Week for 12/6/04:
chirurgery, noun /chih-RER-juh-ree/
(archaic) surgery
n: chirurgeon

2 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

I think you should include the etymology of some of these words - although, that could be a long story in itself. If this word is 'kinda fun' to say in English, it's even more so in French, where it is still current. But, I guess we lazy Americans tired of pronouncing it and slurred it down to its present-day English state.

5:21 PM  
Blogger Martinez said...

I originally intended to include etymologies. Unfortunately, I rarely have the time to do enough research to make such a feature worthwhile.

As far as the "lazy" slurring practice goes... is slicing off a syllable here or there really such a bad thing?

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home