Saturday, June 12, 2004

Gatherings and Meetings

As I said in my "Mortality" post, my dad's birthday was this past Thursday and his mom's was today (Saturday). So, we had a little open-house/party for my grandmother's relatives. It was nice; most of my dad's family are scattered in Arizona and Colorado, so we don't see them as often as we see my mom's family (who all live in CA). However, it turns out we have relatives right here in the town where I live. We never did figure out the relationship exactly: we share my great-great-great-grandparents on my dad's side in common. For convenience, we decided to call each other "cousins."

Anyway, this "new" cousin of mine lives not more than 5 minutes away! What's more, she goes to the same high school that I did. She'll be a senior next year. Small world.

I won't fall back into moody quasi-philosophical discourse; you can see the June 7th post for that.

***
I had a test in Basic Reasoning last Thursday. I think it went well; should find out this week. I've also pretty much finished the paper for that class, so that's good. Now I just have to worry about ASL; test on Monday, paper due next week. Then one more week, and it's on to the second round of classes!

I've got a couple "for fun" posts in the works; you might see them early this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home