Thursday, June 03, 2004

Waving the White Flag

Well, after much careful consideration (not to mention a slew of proddings, shovings, attempted bribings, cajolings, and threats to my physical well-being), I have yielded my soul to the online vortex that is Blogsphere. I hope you're all happy.

Below, I shall give the terms of my surrender. If the terms are not met, this little blog goes bye-bye. NOTE: Rule #1 has been edited.

1) Please refrain from using my first name on this blog (and your own blog, for that matter). My surname is fine, as is any other nickname you choose to use for me (but note that I might not figure out who you're talking about if you use a new name). The reason for this rule is: I am paranoid. The 'Net is a big place, and I see no reason to take more risks than necessary.

2) Please refrain from vulgar ("crudely indecent") language. Expletives are acceptable within reason (*glances at a certain Cynic*).

That does it for now. If I come up with more later, I shall add them.

I don't know how often I'll get to post in the coming weeks, what with research papers and various other projects coming due. But I'll try to have a "What I'm Up To" post tomorrow. I might play with the formatting a little when I have more time, but I kind of like this template; I just might keep it.

You asked for it. Now you're gonna get it...

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger anna said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:27 PM  
Blogger Vengeful Cynic said...

What the hell? Martinez has a blog now?! What gives?

Oh... and I suggest that you upload at least excerpts from your old emails (or modified versions of them) and place them in on the appropriate days as archives.

1:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I concur with the Cynic. I think that would be a great start to your bloghood.

-- Wilson

1:14 PM  
Blogger Martinez said...

Hmm... that's not a bad idea. I'm not sure if I have any of my REs at home, but I might... and if not, I can put 'em up come September.

Of course, that'll have to wait until I relearn/figure out other fun bloggy things (links, quote list, comment editing, ad nauseum.

1:35 PM  
Blogger Vengeful Cynic said...

More like, they upgraded after we left.

2:16 PM  
Blogger Martinez said...

As much as I would love to take credit for the stylish look of the blog, this is just a Blogger-provided template. My only contributions thus far have been the title and description.

2:45 PM  
Blogger Martinez said...

Oh, one other thing while I'm thinking of it.

As always, please send me (email would be nice) any and all ideas you have for Reminder Emails. Summer is a good time to get some done in advance. I don't promise that I'll follow through on all of them, but then again I might.

3:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate the way Blogger's new commenting is configured. As much as I hated outsourcing to Enetation or HaloScan, I also hate the notion of signing in to comment. I refuse, because it wants to call me by my first name, and I'm too lazy to change the first name in my account.

I probably still have a few of the reminder emails, Wordsmith. I can send them back to you if you'd like.

-- Wilson

8:11 PM  
Blogger anna said...

I know I have all of them still unless one or two misse dme.

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home